Friday, August 12, 2022

Stickrod saga

 I have been a bad blogger. I left ya hanging on the saga of our tree.

This video was taken in 2021.




Anyway, My Stickrod outgrew his pot. I, being a serial plant killer, decided the best bet for his survival was to rehome him. I posted a video looking for a new home for him,.

Sticky didn't take to that idea and two weeks after me posting that inquiry, and in the middle of July just turned brown and dropped all his leaves.

What the hell dude!! 

He would rather die than be rehomed to a place he could be planted and grown?!

Okay FINE! you crazy tree you can stay with us.


Fast forward to 2022.


We were hit with the devastating news that this little killer was now in Oregon.



"Emerald ash borer is an invasive species that feeds on all ash species and some closely related plants. The adult is a small metallic green beetle and the larva is a flat headed borer. Larvae feed in the cambium of ash plants and are 100% lethal for untreated ash trees."


So serious the threat is that they are collecting as many varieties as possible of Ash tree seeds. Hoping to replant the native species once tree-magedon is over.

I know understand why Sticky wanted to stay with us. It must be frightening to be on hospice and not be near your family. I decided I would follow suit and collect his seeds this spring. 

Cause I can just imagine me planting a whole army of baby sticks! The thought of re-populating the state in murderous Stickrod clones would be just too much fun.

Welp, I guess he is still mad at me for trying to rehome him, because he put out ZERO seed pods this year. ZIP, NADA, NIL. 

Okay FINE be that way sir. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment