Friday, April 26, 2013

Put a nickle in the meter

*stretches*

sighs and settled down at my desk. Kids are off at school and I can get started with my day, what to do, what to do.

Lets check my Friday dordie list I wrote last night at work.

1. Blog something fantastic.

Oh geeze.

2. Assemble lawn mower and go get gas for it and mow lawns x4.

Hmm four hours of sleep + construction of an item with whirling blades, sounds like it might be a bit much this morning.

3. Shave legs and put on a dress.

*peeks under my pant leg at my shaggy legs*

ack! (maybe I can just convince my husband to role play Rebel pilot and the naughty Wookie with me?)

End of list.

Are you kidding me? Those are my choices this morning?

There is such a disconnect between the list maker in me when I do them at home vs the list maker in me when I am out of the house.

When I am at home my Dordie lists are more in this form:

1. get up (you don't have to get dressed but you do have to put your teeth in)
2. eat pudding ( I didn't need teeth for that! darn it I could have saved myself one step.)
3. watch M*A*S*H re-runs
4. play Baulder's Gate with hubby till bed time
5. be in bed my midnight (play Rebel pilot and the naughty Wookie with hubby)


While this slave driving - gun-hoe -full if energy - maniac me that makes list while at work, writes lists like this:

1. sew a new wardrobe
2. start a business
3. write a novel
4. choose a new sport and aim for the 2020 Olympics
5. teach your kids to play the lute
6. work out 45 min on the tred mill
7. cook a fabulous dinner
8. game night with family
9. homework done and kids in bed by 8:00
10. house cleaned
11. laundry done
12. Study chess
13. play Baulder's Gate with hubby till bed time
14. be in bed my 11:00 pm (play Rebel pilot and the naughty Wookie with hubby)

I dunno, maybe my mind needs a list mediator?

Someone to broker a compromise between the two lists. Say take #7 for example...
7. cook a fabulous dinner
perhaps a compromise could be?
7. make sure there are clean cereal bowls for dinner

See that is not too hard. Lets do some more.

9. homework done and kids in bed by 8:00
a reasonable compromise could be...
9. make sure you have seen your children at least once today.

6. work out 45 min on the tred mill
a reasonable compromise could be...
6. try to spill less than 45 cheerios on the floor as you serve dinner.

14. be in bed my 11:00 pm (play Rebel pilot and the naughty Wookie with hubby)
a reasonable compromise could be...
14. send kids outside to play squirt guns - you and hubby now have 20 min to play Rebel pilot and the very naughty Wookie who washes cereal bowls naked, in the kitchen.

Hmmm. This just might be worth looking further into.

anyway I plug away on my lists each day dutifully and try to cross off at least one thing each day.

1. Blog something fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment