Wednesday, February 5, 2014

damn it Jim....

******************* TRIGGER FOR SIV INJURY- GRAFFIC PHOTO *******************  ********************************************************************************

I sat down here to blog then, got sucked into reading my own blog...I'm such a goober. I mean I LIVED all this, and I WROTE all this and still it sucks me in! lol.

Teachers striking, kids out of school, Have a dozen 1/2 done blogs and I'm wasting time re-reading my own stuff.

Can I just say, DAMN I AM A GOOD WRITER! Bwahahahaha! Yup,  I am my own biggest fan. Even if no one else reads my stuff, I am enjoying the heck out of it.

I had an appointment to see the nurse on the 6th that had to be rescheduled. The office called Tuesday to move the appt. I must have sounded not okay because they called me back today to check on me and see if I need to be worked into the schedule sooner.

I find this interesting.

Because in all these years  of me telling various doctors that I am a self injurer and that I am struggling etc... they have mostly blown me off.

But after seeing me two months ago with this on my arm....



They no longer blow me off.

I don't know whether to be relieved that they care about my safety...of appalled that I'm such a freak I warrant special attention.

But, it is sure nice to have a medical team that cares about me, and has actually heard my cries and helped me to get enough relief that I can stay safe.

This injury prompted them to put me on the buspar. Which I am THRILLED to report is still working for me and has helped me more then I can every say.

48 years of fighting my head was enough. Its nice to have some relief.

My arm is all healed now. I am taking extra good care of myself because post big injuries I am very prone to do sequel injuries for no reason.

Life is feeling pretty good right now for me. Which in the past would trigger my Pre-traumatic-stress-disorder. However with the buspar, its not, thus allowing me to simply enjoy living, without waiting for the rug to get jerked out from under me.

...and, that is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment