Friday, February 2, 2018

one lick


I can't believe I've never blogged this! wow!

remember my poem By Fives?

By Fives

I was born on the kitchen table
tumbled down sixteen stairs
attempted suicide
and placed second in a beauty pageant
all before I turned five.

I've eaten yellow snow on a dare
snorted grape soda up my nose
melted army men on the stove
learned the secret to catching lightning
got lost in Disney Land
watched three of my brothers die
and froze my tongue to a stop sign pole
all before I turned ten.

I really did.

Here is the proof.


look carefully at the pole to my right. That's dark patch is my frozen blood.

To the left of the pole is Marlene. The one who ran for my mother who used hot water to unstick me. I had asked her to bring me back a knife. I have always wondered what I would have done if she had LOL.

The ice crystals were so pretty on the pole. I was staring at them and admiring there sparkly delicate patterns, when I could resist no longer and I licked them.

again...I've lived a pretty interesting life for someone so boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment