Tuesday, January 15, 2019

5 mg

No I am not churning out a bazillion blogs in a manic induced high. I took a night off work so I could write and empty out my writers bucket that has been over flowing with ideas.

Last September my rheumatologist scared me by reminding me of the dangerous side effects that go along with long term prednisone use.

So I dropped my dose down to 2.5 mg. Which eliminated some side effects and made my life hellish as the pain came back.

Work was harder, everything was harder to accomplish.

This month we re-ran labs and of course they are all off. I simply must be on prednisone to treat my polymyositis and rheumatoid arthritis.

Three days back on 5 mg and my pain is under control and I can function again.

There is no going back. I need medication to go forward and function within the limitations of my illnesses.

5 mg is the lowest effective dose. I am at peace with that. I won't be decreasing it again.

It kinda reminds me of when the check engine light came on in my car Hellfire. I simply put tape over the light and ignored it.

Taking that pill is putting tape over the flashing "You've got a incurable chronic illness" light on my dash board.

I  can live with that for now. Or more accurately, I can live better with that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment