Tuesday, January 15, 2019

the 8th of December, I do remember

So in November I got the idea to put my rose story to the ultimate test.

Original story here.

Decided to push the issue with the universe and challenge this weird phenomenon in my life.

 Heh, yeah I wanted the universe to dazzle me.

So I did this last November

Shave and a hair cut

My hack job was severe and I was sure there would be no more 8th of December roses.

Turns out I worked the night of Dec 7th. Arrived at work to find a new resident. My shift took a strange turn as the high medical care of this woman consumed my night.

I'm pretty good at recognizing when the universe is trying to teach me something, so I was all ears on this one.  Its a strange thing to be conscious of your life being affected and changed by the situation at hand.

As the night mulled on I kept thinking....is this linked to the 8th? I thought long that night about maybe it was time to stop grieving. To allow this day to pass without recalling the pain and destruction is brought.

In a heart beat, a 911 call and a flurry of firemen and paramedics, I sent the new resident back to the ER ….solely on my gut telling me something was wrong.  25 minutes later the ER called to let me know the resident had died.

That morning as I went to clock out a woman was sitting in the lobby. I stopped to smile at her and ask if she needed any help.

I went home and went straight to the bushes.

No rose.

Everything washed over me and I sighed deeply. I raise my head to the warm sun and let the night tension flow out of me.

Yes.

At long last I can let this day pass.

Bounding forward a week to the work in-service, the big boss stood up and said, "I'ld like to introduce the new night shift worker." She pointed to a woman. The same woman I had seen that morning. "She came in and sat in our lobby before applying.  She liked what she saw and decided to work here."

My stomach did a flip flop at this point as my spider senses tingled...are you serious universe? Did you give me my …..

"Her name is Rose."

...8th of December rose after all?

I exhale and silent whisper...wow.

Dazzle away you wonderful universe, you've got my attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment