Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Watered

Another great unfinished piece.  In my writing I use a internal sound track/rhythm when I write. This  little bit  is the code I used to indicate what pattern I am using, Four six two nine. Then the next line is a the idea I was aiming when I paused. A place holder so to speak, so when I came back I could just pick up and write on.

*************************************
Four six two nine



Sun burned and angry she retreated to the forest.  Finding no solace in the shade she sought out the deeper darker part.

**************************************



She was a beautiful tree. Small for her age, willowy...lean and with a crown of deep dark green leaves.


Held back and kept from growing.


A captive in a pot just outside the door.


Separated from the forest


And worse…


Watered


Everyday


…With poison


Her bark grew pale


Her years marked in irregular rings with in her trunk


jagged like scars,


blurred,


some years not there at all,


lost to the poison.


People have tried to take her


Plant her


She draws her roots up so tightly that the root ball causes her to tip over and she refuses to stay up right,


Until she is returned to the small


Confining pot


that holds her back, and allows her to


Be watered daily…


…With poison

***************************************************
This is a story about a girl who is drinking daily. Some one I know. Someone waaaay too young to be an alcoholic.

Unfinished. Fuck this post menopausal writers dementia. It's maddening.





No comments:

Post a Comment