Thursday, March 12, 2020

Three squares

So I was at Costco today.

No, not stocking up for covid-19. It was coupon day and I have tax money.

There was no toilet paper to be seen.  To the point that where it belonged was now over stocked with water flats they were limiting people to two a piece.

It made me think...are you telling me that everyone has burned through the stock piles they amassed during Y2K all ready?  I though for sure that supply would last at least until 2025.

I belong to an elite group pf people who are known as the THREE-ERS.

Well a group that consists of my father, and my siblings.

 One summer my mother declared, that all us kids were allowed to wipe with, was three squares.

I  questioned her wisdom of this seemingly nonsensical request at the time.

But now as a bill paying adult, I can see the monetary need of trimming the TP usage for a family of 8 from 4 rolls a day down to 1 roll every other day.

I and the other THREE-ERS quickly mastered the skill of wiping with one...two...three squares.

Truth be known, I can do it in two squares. One, if I fold the square into toilet paper origami.

Also as member of the Crick Indian tribe, I know it possible to use no squares to wipe with. LOL.

Who knew this lesson from my mother would ever come in handy. Did she know she was the Nostradamus of hygiene?

So ya'll go ahead and horde up all the TP. I'm good here.


Those that want lessons....they're available for 4 easy payments of $19.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment