Sunday, November 3, 2013

There is a space

There is a space
between the rain and the snow.
where
they are close but never joined
one
giving life to the other
each
knowing
when to let go .

This same space separates
mothers and daughters.
who are known
to create an icy slush
both trying to exist
there at the same time.

**********************

This is from memory as I can't find a single hard copy of it. LOL go figure! This was published many moons ago.  I know the last part isn't right so I need to mount another expedition into the boxes to look for it.

Back in the day I used to do poetry readings at the college.

That was kinda fun. I liked seeing the reaction of the audience. Met an instructor from Italy once who so loved one of my poems she took a copy back to show her class as an example of modern American women's poetry.

I am once again having an upswing of the brain fog.... and for the life of me can't recall which poem she took, might even be this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment