Friday, July 19, 2019

Opal upon black

(Circa the late 80’s/early 90’s.  it’s a master piece of long superfluous run on sentences LOL I’ve changed it from its original format for your ease in reading…as it was  all one giant block of text!  It’s an early attempt at nailing down the singsong rhythm I write too. I will someday come across a dated copy of it and fill in the right date. )

Opal upon black

I swam toward the surface of my silvery dream sleep, only to break the surface and have to claw my way through the covers. To find myself in bed was distressing. I longed to return to the cyanotic blue hues of my sleep. I sat to ponder a moment while wearing the moons glow upon my face like beauty cream…perhaps someday he would learn to come into my world just as I had learned to go to his.

I reclined my head upon my pillow and vanished into the abyss of dreams. He materialized from the tranquil darkness and called out to me in an unspoken voice hushed from centuries of whispering. He had given me a name  not made up of letters but colors. In the weightless world of quicksilver and blue I glided toward him.

His body engulfed mine…the sensation of his touch was like free falling naked through a billowy white cloud. I adoringly drank in the light that shone from his eyes of emerald which ring around a halo of opal upon black. I intertwine his twilight colored hair around my fingers and gently tugged, trying to persuade him closer…deeper.

Our bodies join as one as we drifted beyond the reaches of reality. One being…one heartbeat...one breath…yet I still wished to soak him into my skin and possess him body and soul. Again I gaze into his kaleidoscope eyes and implore him to span the stretch of midnight and join me in the mortal world.

He spoke in his unspoken language, his breath was heavy and warm, smelling of sweet fantasies. I understood it not but I heard what he implied; although I could come unchanged into his world, which is carefully cradled in a place where darkness and light are one, he couldn’t journey from the enchanted half way world without changing.

So let me stay here with you! My body cried, it’s voice echoing like an eerie whales cry, it seemed to hang like crystals on the hypnotic blue waves.

In my mind I heard a noise, it seeked to jar me loose from my lovers embrace and return me to my world. I resisted and melted into his strong grasp. The noise that violated this tranquil eden of my mind persisted.

Like a bubble we rose to the surface. A mixture of violet and blue hues trailed behind us marking our path. With my fingers still tightly woven in his mystic grey hair, we break the surface. I heard him cry out as he took his first breath of air…

I fell forever…and then landed spread eagle upon my bed. The alarm clock was screaming in my ears.

There was a terrible aching in my arms as I rolled over and sat up. I held myself, trying to remember the feel of his touch, the aroma of his essence and the taste of his skin… I quivered as my own hair brushed across my back.

From his spot on the end of my marshmallow comforter, my steel grey tom cat slowly turned his head towards me. He eyes were closed as he resisted awakening. So contented he looked with a gentle smile on his face.

Leaning forward I caressed his head. “What secrets do you know?” I whispered tickling his chin.

He opened his eyes…and they met mine, bright shiny emerald which ringed around a halo of opal upon black.

No comments:

Post a Comment