Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Little ones...

Little ones...

It's grandma.

So sorry you never got to meet me. Life had other plans. Illness has stolen from you, and me our time together.

You can find me in my writings.

As the Polymyositis began stealing my functions from me, one of the first things it took was my arm strength. I held a baby for a few seconds and had to have the mother take it from me.

Even if I had lived to see you, I could never hold you.

The medication used to keep me functioning so I could earn the money to help support my family, robbed me of years off my life. It will one day take my eye sight too.

Even if I had lived to hold you, I could never see you.

You can find me in my drawings.

I would have loved to take you to the Redwoods and walk the Trestle Loop Trail with you.

The polymyositis crippled me before I could take my own kids and walk it.

You can find me in your mama/dad

When your questioning and feel like your lost and no one understands you and life is swallowing you up, you can find me in you.

Know, I would have loved to have known you. Loved to watch my children journey on and find what makes their hearts sing in this world.

I would have loved to rock you to sleep and sing to you.

You can find me in my songs.

I would have loved to have met you...played with you.

What's for dinner?
(tickles your collar bones)
Short ribs!
(tickles your ribs)
Spare ribs!
(tickles your belly)
CHICKEN POT PIE!



...Hold's you and rocks and rocks in the rocking chair, dreaming in the thinking sand...

...catches your first wind horse and introduces you...

...standing out in the pouring rain, teaching you to catch lightning, and call the thunder...

...laying with you and your parents on the mats counting meteors...


oh, little ones...

Grandma loves you.


No comments:

Post a Comment