Thursday, November 8, 2012

Perspective

Now several of you have mentioned that I will get a cash settlement for my MVA injury, and I quote, "that will make things better."

This is not my first rodeo.

For that OJI I was given somewhere in the neighborhood of $3400.

That was 20 years ago.

Ignoring leap years that is 7300 days.

So basically right now its now stretched to roughly 0.47 cents per day.

Each year it gets smaller.

Each year the chronic pain worsens.

Some day I will be unable to walk...but that is okay I know that for my trouble I will have been paid  pennies a day for my pain and suffering.

So no, any settlement for pain and suffering will not make this loss of time better.

The MRI results came in yesterday and verified the original diagnosis. I was really REALLY hoping it would have shown something else. Something the doc's could just FIX and be done with. It made me very depressed and sad.

Today I am regrouping and reorganizing my life to batten down the hatches and move forward.

Can't remember if I told the blogisphere that I cut my hair so I can brush it with my left hand and no longer have to braid it, thus easing the strain on my right elbow. I now have something concrete I can look forward too.

When my hair is long again...my elbow should be healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment