Thursday, December 29, 2016

Art show #5 - the dark side

Some of my art work was therapeutic. I used it in therapy to express things I couldn't in words. There are many devastatingly haunting works that show case the pain. Some are from my teens as I wrestle  with life and its stressors.

All one ones I am wearing the orange shoe lace around my neck were done in 1981 after John Lennon's murder. Had I not had the outlet of drawing to work through my grief I am sure I would not be here today.


Jr High. 77-78ish. Yup the freak that never fit in.

Richard asked me what I felt having to put my dog to sleep. I had no words.
1976, always in tune to the suffering of animals.




Toward the end of hypnotherapy.
Above and below. Very deep and hidden symbols in these two.  (orange shoe lace around my neck 1981) I gave each of the Beatles a symbol. It was a way to represent them and distance them from me so I wouldn't get hurt again.


 Crazy amounts of pain involved with healing.
...and the self injury scars make another appearance. Kinda sad actually. there are 5 scars on my wrist at the time of the drawing. There would be 20 in the picture today.

bleah...depressing. I didn't have anyone to talk to at the time. So I "talked" to my art pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment