Saturday, December 10, 2016

rainy day thoughts on my health

In addition to polymyositis the rheumatologist also thinks I may also have rheumatoid arthritis (RA).  Yeah I can't even have one illness, I have to complicate things with two.

 It may take a long time to get a definitive diagnosis. Which is fine with me, cause I don't really want ANY of the diagnosis.

Doc wants to put me on plaquenil and wean me off the prednisone.

Love the medical profession...oh this medication is working and returning to you function and quality of life? LETS CHANGE IT!!

Plaquenil scares me for its eye side effects. I am still grappling with the effects from the PVD that happed this summer.

I have to look at all the drugs being offered with the knowledge that what ever I take I will be taking for the rest of my life, and all of them, ALL of them have nasty bad side effects that will shorten said life.

Cruel twist eh? The cost of feeling better and having quality of life again is a shortened life.

I'm also haunted by the knowledge of where the dx of RA and those medications will take me. I have spent the last 33 years watching there effect on others.

Knowing how the story ends, makes it hard to want to read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment