Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spray on food

Why does man kind insist on wasting bazillions of dollars on stuff like the hadron collider and space travel and military stuff, and building giant cities etc etc.

Good gosh man! lets solve some of the big problems on this planet first before advancing our species in other realms.

Like the need for spray on food for us poor parents of picky eaters with oral sensation issues. I would sell my soul for this invention.

As long as I am putting out my list of needed inventions they also need to make all children's antibiotics/medications in both patch form and stick form (like deodorant, one swipe in the armpit and you have had your dose of medication.)

I am not asking for much, am I? I mean we can put a man on the moon, bomb you silly from 1/2 a world away and send email all over this planet in a nano second, surely getting food into picky eaters should be an easy task.

how about fabric food? they absorb it through out the day?

Sigh. Alright, I will settle for candy with protein.

My son was breastfed for a year and half. Started eating normally and then when he was 1 just started getting picky. Food makes him feel sick. Its a constant struggle to make sure he eats enough. Even the stuff he does like he can only eat a little bit or it upsets his tummy or "feels weird in my mouth and I can't swallow it."

Sad thing is he is normal height/weight and BMI, yet next to all the other kids in his class he looks like he has anorexia. The normal weight for kids is getting chunkier. Kills me to see all the parents loading there carts with cheap food filled with high fructose corn syrup. Makes me angry that they have to do that to stretch there food budget.

Its expensive to eat healthy. Not long ago we were shopping and my son wanted something. I watched him read the labels and compare prices and then he picked a more expensive brand. I asked him why he choose that one.

He replied " it has no HFCS, it has 3 grams of protein and the least amount of ingredients, so that means it more food and less stuff."

That made me excited.

Of course it was chips he was looking at, but still he is taking responsibility for what he is choosing to eat; and he is making healthy choices.

Now if I could just get him to eat more than 5 things.



No comments:

Post a Comment