Friday, August 10, 2012

Healer

Once upon a time there was a girl who retreated under the covers and decided to never come out.

She said "I am staying under here until I have the mother I deserve, one who loves me and needs me and listens to me and protects me."

She said "I am staying under here until someone loves me unconditionally and looks after me."

She said "I am staying under here until someone comes for me."

She said "I am staying under here until someone who is strong enough to guide me in my healing comes for me."

She said "I am staying under here until someone strong and brave comes for me."

She said "I am staying under here until..." She was cut off by a sharp knock.

She peered out from under the blanket and gasped, there was the one she was waiting/asking for! My she was beautiful and strong and powerful.

The girl reached out her hand and the woman extended her own hand...the girl scrambled out from under the blanket and ran to grab it...but the reflection in the mirror could only press against it and not hold it.

thend

(C) 9-19-05 PR

No comments:

Post a Comment