Thursday, August 9, 2012

Three....two...one.


recap: of the recap:

Three interesting questions posed to me this morning.

1. What is your most famous piece of writing?
2. What is your all time favorite thing you have written?
3. Are you like this in real life? (as confident as you sound)

Wow this kinda stumped me.

I don't really think of my stuff as famous.

I mean are you talking about awards? - then its a short/shorty called H-h-help.

Are you talking about global coverage? - then its When Mom hurts  There are copies all over the planet. (addy is null)

Are talking Professionally published? - then its pick one: Twonight, There is a space, Swing etc etc

Are you talking volume? - any of my Handcrank children's books.







When I think of my writing, really think about it what I am most "famous" for is some posts that were not written for praise or awards or publication or global audience they were written for some one in pain.




Stuff that only a handful of people saw at the time. Stuff that got these responses:


"wow, wow and WOW thats beautiful DD and it hits right at the heart of things."


"Oh thank you P, for understanding me, i feel like no one under stands me like that. I will write that story down and carry it with me forever! I am not lieing i will. It touched me and made me cry. Thank you! You have touched my soul when i needed it most. I hope you are right and my kids will carring on a legacy of my hard work. You have know idea how much you have helped me! "


"I am sitting here with tears running down my face. I have no words"


"Tears in my eyes too. Some days, most days, you know exactly what to say, dear DD.
I'm so glad you're in this world. I'm so glad you're in our world. I'm so glad you're in MY world.
Thank you.
And thank you for sometimes reminding me how to be a (loved and protected) child again, filled with wonder and laughter.
Pass those olives over here...."


"wow!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't usually feel much, but wow this should be published "


"P, you are so very talented at being able to put feelings into words. Moms everywhere would identify with your words --- thanks for sharing with us -- brings back lots of feelings"


"Thank you so much for sharing this with us, I am honored to be allowed to see this part of you. I can't tell you how deeply I am touched by it - it has me in tears and it somehow reached into my soul and found that place where these same feelings hide."


"P, *tears* that was the nicest thing anyone has ever written to me. Thank you. No one believes in me. :( not even me."

"I really, really appreciate your blogs and especially this e-mail. I don't
feel quite so alone. Thank you sooooo much for being there and for being honest."



When the dust settles...those individual bits of writing are what I am most proud of. Famous? nope, that word doesn't apply to me or my writing. I just a fellow traveler who is walking this path with you. Sometimes making you laugh, and sometimes crying with you.

I don't want to be famous. I don't want that pressure. If my writing wants to run off and be famous then so be it. As for me I just want to write for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment